The Lawyer Farrukh Nuridinov in New York
One of the most experienced and top rated Lawyer Farrukh Nuridinov in New York can provide you with the appropriate criminal defense and spare you from any criminal prosecution as fast as possible by using his wide knowledge in handling both State and Federal cases.
The Law Offices of Farrukh Nuridinov P.C. was established to provide our clients with the best criminal defense in New York. It is our goal to make sure that our clients will never feel alone. Facing a trial and a criminal prosecution trial at that is the hardest thing to handle alone. You would need a licensed and experienced lawyer to handle your case no matter how high profile or how simple you think it is.
What Are We All About?
Attorney Nuridinov is a lawyer who is willing to fight for his client's freedom. We are all about standing up for your rights. It is our goal to ensure that all of your rights are protected.
Day in and day out, our law firm has created a system that allows us to safeguard your rights. We cover all major crimes classified either as a Federal Crime or a State Crime in New York.
Our extensive knowledge allows us to do the following:
- Safeguard the rights of our clients;
- Make sure that technicalities will be properly remedied if it works in favor of our clients;
- Allow our clients to seek bail and probation and everything they can to get back their freedom;
- Make sure that there is no stone unturned and that we have all of the very specific needs of our clients in mind; and
- Get our clients off the stiffest penalties and, as much as possible, for them to have the lowest minimum penalty possible.
It is in our experience that we can cover cases from A to Z, or as we call it, from F to N (from Federal Crimes to New York State Crimes)
Cases We Cover
Atty. Nuridinov covers two different major categories of cases - New York State Crimes and Federal Crimes.
NEW YORK STATE CRIMES
Our firm covers major and minor criminal defenses in New York. This line of specialty comes from years of experience and years of continued growth and updates of the criminal justice system. The law firm covers the following cases:
One of the hardest crimes to handle is the defense of cybercrimes. The internet has created a lot of more accessible technologies for use, but somehow evil has found a way in. With the birth of the new technology comes the birth of a specific type of crime - cybercrime.
Cybercrime is computer crime or a crime that occurs on the internet. In New York, it is a serious offense that comes with high penalties.
Cybercrime detection is not yet a specialty for most law enforcement agencies. There are now highly advanced technologies that can detect any illegal activity. Once convicted with cybercrime, it is not only the jail sentence one should worry about but his reputation.
Cybercrimes are not just territorial based. If you do consummate a cybercrime in New York, you will get arrested in New York, and you will get tried by the criminal justice system here.
There are particular law violations that you would need to know about so you can protect your rights. In the United States, cybercrime got defined by the following laws:
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) - this one is known as the official federal anti-hacking policy of the United States; and
- National Information Infrastructure Act (NIIA) - this one is known as the law that limits the access to a party’s information without prior authorization.
Different federal laws penalize cybercrime. If you have gotten arrested for cybercrime, you should contact Atty. Nuridinov as soon as possible. Cybercrime often gets connected to an international arena. If an individual gets linked to cybercrime, such could be a big problem, and you need to get the facts straight and always have the right legal representation.
Drug Crimes in New York can get handled by both the federal court and the New York state court. What does this mean? This fact means that when you get charged with a drug crime, you can still go through the federal court and get charged with a federal offense.
In the State of New York, you should expect to see a rigorous and inflexible federal and state criminal law application.
The concept of possession, for example, does not require the individual to possess the drugs for him to be charged and penalized. This one is why you need a lawyer who has the right experience in handling drug crime defense in New York.
Attorney Nuridinov handles cases with the right demeanor - to get the client off the harshest penalty and to make sure that justice must always get served. Handling a Class A misdemeanor in New York is perhaps one of the most challenging experiences that aim to help mold a lawyer.
A recent bill reduced the maximum sentence for misdemeanors. Unclassified misdemeanors, as well as Class A ones, have reduced penalties. The reduction is a maximum of up to 364 days only.
What does this mean for New Yorkers? This reduction is of great help for violators who do not want to aggravate their criminal record. It will help individuals get off getting an aggravated sentence of a felony to a misdemeanor.
What is the effect on aggravated felonies? In New York, aggravated felony offenses are those which include crimes of violence, theft offenses, and counterfeiting offenses. By reducing the maximum sentence, a non-citizen may raise the defense that the misdemeanor may no longer get raised to a felony level.
If you hire a lawyer who knows how to defend your misdemeanor charge properly, you are sure that you can protect your rights. This part is why Atty. Nuridinov aims always to protect the rights of all of its clients.
Briefer on New York Criminal Law
The New York Criminal Justice System is always changing. Just in 2019 alone, there have been a lot of changes. The changes that have occurred are hard to keep up with. If you are under criminal prosecution, you need a lawyer who is well versed in the updates and knows what he is doing.
To understand the New York Criminal Justice System, you need to understand the different levels of crimes in the city.
First, there are felonies. A felony is an offense wherein the penalty for the violation of the criminal code is imprisonment of more than one year. There are different classes of felonies that range from felony levels A to E.
If you are having trouble or facing a criminal prosecution, you should get ready to face the following penalties:
- A Class A Violent Felony is punishable by lifetime imprisonment or a penalty of 20 to 25 years.
- A Class B Violent Felony is punishable by imprisonment of 5 years to 25 years, while Non-Violent felonies are punishable by imprisonment of 1 to 3 years.
- A Class C Violent Felony is punishable by 3 1/2 to 15 years.
- A Class D Violent Felony is punishable by imprisonment of 2 to 7 years while the non-violent class is punished by probation or a minimum of a year in prison.
The best thing that you should do to stay away from the penalties should be to hire the right lawyer. Atty. Nuridinov aims to give his clients the justice that they deserve. Nobody deserves to fall victim to a faulty system, especially if they are innocent from the charges.
A misdemeanor, on the other hand, is an offense where the sentence exceeds fifteen days and cannot exceed one year. This one is different from a mere traffic infraction which only punishes traffic violations.
A violation, however, is one where the imprisonment is in excess of fifteen days.
General Crime Categories in New York Penal State Law
Crime in New York is not just classified based on their penalties but also in terms of problem categories. These crime categories are separated by court jurisdiction, they are discussed below.
Sex offender cases in New York is a State crime but is involves more than just the State of New York. Crimes under this court involve Rape, Assault, Violent Sexual Offenders, Indecent Exposure, Lewd Acts, and Non-Parent Kidnapping of A Minor are some of the cases that make you a sex offender.
Other crimes include the following:
- Having or receiving child pornography;
- Falsely imprisoning a minor;
- Video voyeurism of a minor;
- Traveling or facilitating others’ travel when the intent of the travel is to engage in illicit conduct;
- Sexual contact with minors under age 13;
- Transmitting information about a minor to further criminal sexual misconduct;
- Using minors in prostitution and/or sex trafficking;
- Enticing minors to engage in criminal sexual activity;
- Sexual abuse;
- Aggravated sexual abuse;
- Sexual abuse of a minor;
- Abusive sexual contact with a minor under age 13
- Engaging in a non-forced sexual act with a minor aged 16 or 17 years;
- Producing or distributing child pornography; and
- Using minors in sexual performance.
There are other crimes of this nature that are punished in New York Law. If you are looking for a way to make sure that you would not be caught up in any injustice, you should contact an experienced law firm in New York. We can help you get the justice that you need.
- Human Trafficking Intervention Cases
Human trafficking is considered as “modern day slavery”. In New York, there are two kinds of human trafficking such as labor trafficking and sex trafficking.
By definition, sex trafficking involves “the act of an individual who profits from or advances the prostitution of another by certain methods”
The acts involved in human trafficking involve the following acts:
- use of force;
- making threats;
- withholding the victim's identification documents such as their passport, foreign ID valid in their country, DMV license, and the like;
- making someone pay off a debt by engaging in prostitution or selling of sexual favors; and
- providing the victim with drugs or using trickery to get the victim into, or hold the victim, in prostitution.
Human trafficking do not only cover those who are citizens of a foreign country but also protects US citizens. As long as the elements of the crime is present, there is human trafficking.
Labor trafficking, on the other hand, is defined as “enticing, coercing, harboring or transporting someone to perform some sort of labor or service by certain prohibited methods”.
If you are facing prosecution for any of the two kinds of human trafficking in New York, we can help you deal with the problem. We are experienced in ensuring that our clients get the help that they require.
- Mental Health Cases
Cases involving Mental Health cases are not always considered as a category in New York State Law. But, recent years have shown that with the establishment of Mental Health Courts, this category has taken a new precedence.
- Adolescent Diversion Cases
We do not just cover violent crimes of adults but we can also defend cases that cover nonviolent crimes committed by young people for minors. If your child is facing a problem with the law, we are the right lawyers who can help you deal with the problem.
As mentioned, there are two kinds of crimes that are punishable in New York - there are federal crimes, and there are state crimes. Atty. Nuridinov is an expert in handling criminal defense. As a practicing lawyer, Atty. Nuridinov has the education and experience that would make him one of the top choices in handling criminal defense.
But, what are Federal Crimes? What are the major categories of Federal Crimes that we can handle?
The short answer is simply: A federal crime is a crime which can be tried in Federal Court. Or at least, the Federal Court has jurisdiction over it.
Atty. Nuridinov can handle all major as well as minor federal crimes involving the following:
- Abusive Sexual Contact
- Advocating Overthrow of Government
- Aggravated Assault/Battery
- Aggravated Identity Theft
- Aggravated Sexual Abuse
- Aiming a Laser Pointer at an Aircraft
- Airplane Hijacking
- Armed Robbery
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Assaulting or Killing Federal Officer
- Assisting or Instigating Escape
- Attempt to commit Murder/Manslaughter
- Bank Burglary
- Bankruptcy Fraud/Embezzlement
- Bank Larceny
- Bank Robbery
- Bombing Matters
- Bond Default
- Breaking and/or Entering Carrier Facilities
- Bribery Crimes
- Certification of Checks (Fraud)
- Child Abuse
- Child Exploitation
- Child Pornography
- Civil Action to Restrain Harassment of a Victim or Witness
- Commodities Price Fixing
- Computer Crime
- Concealing Escaped Prisoner
- Concealing Person from Arrest
- Concealment of Assets
- Conspiracy (in matters under FBI jurisdiction)
- Conspiracy to Impede or Injure an Officer
- Contempt of Court
- Continuing Criminal Enterprise
- Conveying False Information
- Copyright Matters
- Counterintelligence Crimes
- Credit/Debit Card Fraud
- Crime Aboard Aircraft
- Crimes on Government Reservations
- Crimes on Indian Reservations
- Criminal Contempt of Court
- Criminal Forfeiture
- Criminal Infringement of a Copyright
- Cyber Crimes
- Damage to Religious Property
- Delivery to Consignee
- Demands Against the U.S.
- Destruction of Aircraft or Motor Vehicles Used in Foreign Commerce
- Destruction of an Energy Facility
- Destruction of Property to Prevent Seizure
- Destruction of Records in Federal Investigations and Bankruptcy
- Destruction of Corporate Audit Records
- Destruction of Veterans’ Memorials
- Detention of Armed Vessel
- Disclosure of Confidential Information
- Domestic Security
- Domestic Terrorism
- Domestic Violence
- Drive-by Shooting
- Drug Abuse Violations
- Drug Smuggling
- Drug Trafficking
- DUI/DWI on Federal Property
- Economic Espionage
- Election Law Crimes
- Embezzlement Against Estate
- Entering Train to Commit Crime
- Enlistment to Serve Against the U.S.
- Environmental Scheme Crimes
- Escaping Custody/Escaped Federal Prisoners
- Examiner Performing Other Services
- Exportation of Drugs
- Failure to Appear on Felony Offense
- Failure to Pay Legal Child Support Obligations
- False Bail
- False Pretenses
- False Statements Relating to Health Care Matters
- Falsely Claiming Citizenship
- False Declarations before a Grand Jury or Court
- False Entries in the Records of Interstate Carriers
- False Information and Hoaxes
- False Statement to Obtain Unemployment Compensation
- Federal Aviation Act
- Federal Civil Rights Violations (hate crimes, police misconduct)
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Financial Transactions with Foreign Government
- First Degree Murder
- Flight to Avoid Prosecution or Giving Testimony
- Forced Labor
- Forcible Rape
- Fraud Activity in Connection with Electronic Mail
- Fraud Against the Government
- Hacking Crimes
- Harboring Terrorists
- Harming Animals Used in Law Enforcement
- Hate Crime Acts
- Hostage Taking
- Identity Theft
- Illegal Possession of Firearms
- Immigration Offenses
- Impersonator Making Arrest or Search
- Importation of Drugs
- Influencing Juror by Writing
- Injuring Officer
- Insider Trading Crimes
- Insurance Fraud
- Interference with the Operation of a Satellite
- International Parental Kidnapping
- International Terrorism
- Interstate Domestic Violence
- Interstate Violation of Protection Order
- Lobbying with Appropriated Moneys
- Mailing Threatening Communications
- Major Fraud Against the U.S.
- Medical/Health Care Fraud
- Missile Systems Designed to Destroy Aircraft
- Misuse of Passport
- Misuse of Visas, Permits, or Other Documents
- Money Laundering
- Motor Vehicle Theft
- Murder by a Federal Prisoner
- Murder Committed During Drug-related Drive-by shooting
- Murder Committed in Federal Government Facility
- Narcotics Violations
- Obstructing Examination of Financial Institution
- Obstruction of Court Orders
- Obstruction of Federal audit
- Obstruction of Justice
- Obstruction of Criminal Investigations
- Officer Failing to Make Reports
- Partial Birth Abortion
- Penalties for Neglect or Refusal to Answer Subpoena
- Picketing or Parading
- Possession by Restricted Persons
- Possession of False Papers to Defraud the U.S.
- Possession of Narcotics
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Private Correspondence with Foreign Government
- Probation Violation
- Product Tampering
- Prohibition of Illegal Gambling Businesses
- Protection of Foreign Officials
- Public Corruption Crimes
- Radiological Dispersal Devices
- Ransom Money
- Receiving the Proceeds of Extortion
- Recording or Listening to Grand or Petit Juries While Deliberating
- Reentry of an Alien Removed on National Security Grounds
- Registration of Certain Organizations
- Reproduction of Citizenship Papers
- Resistance to Extradition Agent
- Rescue of Seized Property
- Retaliating Against a Federal Judge by False Claim or Slander of Title
- Retaliating Against a Witness, Victim, or an Informant
- Robberies and Burglaries Involving Controlled Substances
- Sale of Citizenship Papers
- Sale of Stolen Vehicles
- Searches Without Warrant
- Second Degree Murder
- Serial Murders
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Abuse of a Minor
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Battery
- Sexual Conduct with a Minor
- Sexual Exploitation
- Sex Trafficking
- Solicitation to Commit a Crime of Violence
- Stalking (In Violation of Restraining Order)
- Stolen Property; Buying, Receiving, or Possessing
- Subornation of Perjury
- Suits Against Government Officials
- Tampering with a Witness, Victim, or Informant
- Tampering with Consumer Products
- Tampering with Vessels
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Trafficking in Counterfeit Goods or Services
- Transmission of Wagering Information (Gambling)
- Transportation into State Prohibiting Sale
- Transportation of Slaves from U.S.
- Transportation of Stolen Vehicles
- Transportation of Terrorists
- Unauthorized Removal of Classified Documents
- Use of Fire or Explosives to Destroy Property
- Use of Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Video Voyeurism
- Violation of Prohibitions Governing Atomic Weapons
- Violence at International airports
- Violent Crimes in Aid of Racketeering Activity
- Willful Wrecking of a Train Resulting in Death
- Wire Fraud
What Are The Major Crime Categories of Federal Crimes?
In the United States, an act is considered as a federal crime when it involves a national issue that requires state cooperation.
Generally, the federal government is required to cover jurisdiction for cases where national interest is involved. The major categories are as follows:
- Crimes that are in violation of immigration or customs cases are federal crimes. One of the hottest issues when it comes to the federal government right now involves immigration. International human trafficking, illegal immigration, undocumented immigration, child pornography importation, and importation of undeclared or misdeclared goods are all major federal crimes. Our law firm specializes in handling these kinds of cases and helping out those who need help in dealing with federal agents.
- Crimes that are consummated or attempted on federal land as well as in relation to federal officers are federal crimes. One of the least complicated crimes are those committed in a specific place and against specific individuals. All of these crimes are considered federal crimes and are dealt with in federal court.
- Crimes that are transitory and mobile are federal crimes. When a crime is committed crossing state lines, the crime becomes a federal crime. If you are caught doing a crime while crossing into New York, you need a New York lawyer who can handle Federal Crime defense.
- Crimes that are conducted all over the States are federal crimes. Wire fraud cases, internet fraud schemes and scams are some federal crimes under this category.
Further, Federal Crimes also cover big chargers such as:
- Federal Drug Offenses
When a crime is conducted in violation of many international jurisdictions as well as interstate violations, the charges reach the level of federal drug charges.
When the weight and value of your drug trafficking charges are heavy and falls under Schedule I and Schedule II drug charges, they automatically become federal drug offenses.
Once convicted of a federal drug charge, you may face a very hefty fine, a long time imprisonment, and other stiff penalties.
Federal Sex Crimes are very serious. With the mandatory ten year prison sentence, and the lifetime requirement of registering as a sex offender, it is absolutely and undeniably a hard hurdle to survive. Luckily, Atty. Nuridinov has handled various cases that involved federal sex crimes such as the following:
Human trafficking is one of the more serious federal sex crimes. This one is considered as a sex crime as it violates the freedom of individuals. This charge does not only cover cases of actual immigration but trafficking of individuals for sexual relations as well as slavery. One of the most important aspects of this charge is the fact that it is connected to labor law violations and it comes with a heavy penalty.
Human trafficking may also involve charges in the nature of kidnapping for the purpose of committing a sex crime as well as trafficking for prostitution.
If you have a foreign helper or using foreign aids, you should make sure that they have the right papers. You can be prosecuted for human trafficking under federal law in the absence of proper aid.
Child exploitation is another serious federal charge that needs good defense. Child exploitation may involve child labor and is often interchangeable with child pornography. When done online, it is even chargeable as a cyber crime. There are so many charges that come with this violation, so having a good defense lawyer becomes a necessity.
Currently, cyber crimes are under the jurisdiction of federal agencies like the FBI and the like. There are so many cyber crimes arising from the current world order that being convicted of a cyber crime, even without knowledge of it, is a possibility.
If you think that you are being prosecuted for a wrongful charge or you need help, you should keep in mind that you would want to get the right lawyer who can handle this aspect of your defense.
Here at our firm, we specialize in cases that need focus and dedication. No matter how you have to face the charges, we are here.
There are also a lot of weapons charges that one would come across under federal jurisdiction. These weapon charges include the unlawful possession of a weapon which do not require heavy firearms as long as there is possession of a weapon, there is already a violation of this federal offense. Fraudulent use of a weapon is also a problematic federal charge related.
Firearms trafficking that covers interstate or international jurisdiction also falls under federal weapons charges. It is absolutely a heavy charge that would weigh down upon the individuals involved. This charge is not to be confused with unlawful importation and exportation of weapons.
Violent crimes involving the use or discharge of a firearm are also considered as a weapons charge. This category is another major federal crime charge to be discussed in the next category.
Violent crimes are crimes committed against individuals with the use of excessive force. The acts that are considered as violent crimes involve the assault, battery, murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, and rape with the use of excessive force or sometimes referred to as forcible rape.
- White Collar Crimes
There are so many white collar crimes that involve this jurisdiction as well such as the following:
- Money-related crimes such as: money laundering, Embezzlement, and Insider trading;
- Different kinds of fraud such as: Insurance fraud, Securities fraud, Health care fraud, Mail fraud, and Bankruptcy fraud;
- Computer or cyber crimes; and
- Identity theft.
- Money Laundering
Money laundering is a federal crime. It usually involves organized crime as well as more complex financial transactions. Money laundering is often a problem to defend since most federal cases are locked and tight before filing and arrest. However, when facing criminal prosecution for money laundering, it is important to stay calm and contact an experienced lawyer. We can handle this problem.
Whatever kind of legal pinch you are in, you need an experienced lawyer who can help you do that. Here at our firm, we focus on getting the results that our clients are looking for and so much more than that.
What Are The Differences Between A State Crime and Federal Crime?
A State Crime is one punished by the State, as in only in the State of New York and others. Basically, these types of crimes differ from one place to another. What is considered a crime in one state may not be a crime in another state.
However, a state crime is not to be considered as a minor crime. These crimes still come with hefty fines and punishment and must be dealt with by a professional lawyer.
Attorney Nuridinov can handle New York State Crime defenses and make sure that you are fighting for your rights properly.
On the other hand, a federal crime is one which can be prosecuted by federal court. It is often punished by the United States Federal Government based on legislation. Often, a federal crime is attached to a national issue.
In terms of procedure, the prosecutions are different in both jurisdictions. Judges, for example, are appointed by the President for life in federal courts while state court ones must be reelected.
Prosecutors in Federal Courts are the Assistant United States Attorneys while the investigators are the federal officers. The prosecutors in state courts are the district attorneys and the investigators are the local police and country officers.
Why Do You Need A Good Defense?
If you are not yet convinced why you need a good defense, you should read on below:
A good defense lawyer would help you out of trouble. Whatever your charge may be, you are definitely worries about it. Whether the charge is true or bogus, a good representation is the only way that you will be able to protect yourself and your rights. Keep in mind that even the most learned individual needs the skill of litigation. If you find the right lawyer, you will be able to defend yourself and maybe not also have to reach a trial. A good lawyer can protect you properly and with expediency.
A good defense lawyer will also be able to help you get all the relevant evidence that you need to get off of the prosecution. You need to sort out the relevant information that you can present in court as well as the information that you cannot present in court. Make sure that you will find a lawyer who can do just that. Taking in discovery files is already a big pain, how much more if you think of defending the evidence that you are presenting? A good lawyer can help you deal with the problem, so you do not have to.
Contact Us Today
If you need help urgently, we are always here to help. You can visit our office at 464 Ocean parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11218 or call our telephone at: (+1) 929 322-88-03